With requests for Red Cross assistance locally up by 20% versus this same time last year, it is more important than ever to have a strong corps of disaster services volunteers.
At an afternoon fire in Winooski yesterday, the four responding volunteers included one disaster services veteran of 20+ years and one who was out on her first call. There is a tremendous need in the community for Red Cross services. Therefore, we must continue to recruit and train new volunteers.
March is Red Cross month and to help mark the occasion, we are offering "Disaster Services: An Overview" at six locations around the region. This class is the starting point for new volunteers, but we also encourage anyone with an interest in the Red Cross to attend. The class is free and there is no commitment involved upon completion.
The courses are being offered in the following locations:
· March 15th, Bennington – 6:00pm to 9:30pm at Bennington Rescue, 120 McKinley Street.
· March 19th, Hartford – 6:00pm to 9:30pm at the Hartford Fire Department, 812 VA Cutoff Road, White River Jct.
· March 21st, Springfield – 6:00pm to 9:30pm at 201 Union Street, Springfield.
. March 21st, Berlin – 6:00pm to 9:30pm at Berlin Elementary School, 372 Paine Turnpike North, Berlin.
· March 29th, Rutland – 6:00pm to 9:30pm at the Rutland Red Cross office, 117 Strongs Ave.
· March 31st, Burlington – 9:00am to 12:30pm at the Burlington Red Cross office, 29 Mansfield Ave., Burlington.
To register, contact Natalie Barrett at email@example.com call 802-660-9130, ext. 106 (Natalie) or ext. 107 (Angela Russell).